Twitter Suspension;AGF deactivates his twitter account.
The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), on Tuesday logged into Twitter and deactivated his account to show solidarity with the Federal Government which had suspended the social media platform last Friday.
It, however, remains unclear how Malami was able to log into his account since the Twitter URL has been suspended by all Internet Service Providers in the country.
Malami had on Saturday threatened to prosecute Nigerians who were still using the Virtual Private Networks to access Twitter even though no Nigerian law makes it illegal to tweet.
The AGF took to his Facebook page on Tuesday, posting a photo and a caption which read, “My Twitter account deactivated’.
However, Malami’s post received over 1,100 comments in less than 60 minutes later with many of his Facebook followers asking him how he accessed Twitter without using VPN.
The National Broadcasting Commission had on Monday ordered all television and radio stations to deactivate their Twitter accounts.
The President’s wife, Aisha Buhari, had similarly deactivated her Twitter account.
The Federal Government had last week suspended Twitter barely two days after the social media platform deleted a Tweet by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on the Biafran war which many found repugnant.
- ‘I came back intact’ – Virgin corp Member boasts after service year.
- Rep Members Reject APC Consensus Candidates, calls it “insensitive, flawed, and unattainable.” –
- “Forget Senate Presidency” – ACF Chieftain to South East
- Kim Jong-un’s guards face de@th for allowing him step out with stained cloths.
- Peter Obi achievements; Top 20 Achievements of Peter Obi