Connect with us

Security

Breaking; Boko Haram Strikes Again,Attacks Katarko Village in Yobe State.

Published

on

Suspected Boko Haram insurgents has attacked Katarko village which is 18km away from Damaturu, the Yobe state capital.

Channels Television reports that the attackers drove into the village around 10am community with an armoured personnel Carrier and six Hiliux trucks with anti air Craft guns Mounted on them.

The residents who fled to the bush for safety said the insurgents may had come to loot food stuff, today being the Market day of the village.

See also “Fight Bandits And Boko Haram, Not Nnamdi Kanu” Abubakar Umar to Buhari.

Meanwhile Suspected Boko Haram fighters operating on 11 motorcycles, in the early hours of Wednesday, invaded Dabna village and adjoining communities in Adamawa State and allegedly killed scores.

Dabna is less than three kilometres from Garaha, the hometown of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.

Eighteen corpses had so far been recovered from the dawn attack and more bodies were being expected to be discovered because of the way the attack was carried out.

The Chairman, Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State, James Pukuma, who gave the casualty figure, said a joint team of security officials had restored normalcy and was helping with the recovery of the dead.

See also Hisbah Bans Use Of Mannequins In Boutique.

He explained that the attackers did not come looking for food but to cause terror, adding that the attackers, who came on 11 motorbikes, waylaid and gunned down fleeing members of the community.

The council boss added, “The attackers came on motorbikes and waylaid their victims, who they chased and opened fire on.

We learnt that they came on 11 motorbikes each conveying two to three persons.”“So far, 18 corpses have been recovered with the help of security agents, who have restored normalcy.

“Most of the attacks are around the Sambisa axis; we want our people to be vigilant and report any suspicious movement to security agencies.

Because this is the rainy season, without such measures, it means vast communities from these areas will be unable to farm.”The military, however, said the information at its disposal was that only two corpses had been recovered from the community.

The Army Public Relations Officer, 23 Armoured Brigade, Jalo Cantonment, Major Sani Mohammed, told our correspondent on the telephone that the brief he had indicated that only two corpses were recovered after the attack.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said he was not authorised to speak on the attack since it had to do with Boko Haram.

%d bloggers like this: